D The man from NSA with yellow socks 1.11

Hey Wonk.

Whaaa? Wonk was walking, it helped him think. There was a young man with yellow socks, leaning against a park bench. Wonk approached cautiously.

I'm David, I work for the agency. We are so grateful and humbled by your generous gift to Protection Family Network last month. Thank you! It encouraged our team, and your gift helped us end the year very well.

I did give a donation to the family of one of my PSEs that was killed in the line of duty, is that what you are talking about?

Yes, your partnership is significant, and you’re now part of our growing sustaining partners network. Do you have to talk for 10 minutes or so?

Sure, but what do you mean I am part of your network, I'm puzzled, said Wonk.

Well, the PSE is a rigorous certification and it is closely related to law enforcement and fire protection. There is a natural sense of brotherhood.

I agree, the angle my business is focused on is private security, all of my people are licensed private investigators or work under the supervision of one. Most police and fire don't consider themselves brothers or sisters with PIs.

Well, there is always some sibling rivalry Wonk. We've done our homework on your operation and it is squeaky clean. You have gone out of your way to operate within the law, even where it is a bit fuzzy.

Thank you, replied Wonk.

And I think we can all agree at the end of the day there are good guys and bad guys and those of us that wear white hats need to stick together, true?

David, I am struggling a bit with Good and Evil, there are some people that are trying hard to help me with that. As you already mentioned, the proxy that I am using is to stay within the law. Now, you said you are with the agency, does that mean NSA?

David reached into his sport quote and pulled out his badge, I'm a blue badge yes, my paychecks come from NSA, but these days all of the agencies tend to work together, there is a lot of blur, or perhaps, based on the theme of our conversation, we are a brotherhood.

Wonk nodded, David, it has been great talking with you, I really have to be going.

Sure thing Wonk, we'll be in touch.

As Wonk walked off, his brain was racing. The NSA, FBI, CIA had all been really twisted around. Skip had told him of the older days when they were truly honorable institutions. The that president who must never be mentioned really socked it to the FBI. Wonk was in grade school then, barely aware of current events, but there was so much noise, he caught it. And one day his teacher came in and mentioned NSA had changed their value statement, all references to the words: "trust," "honor," and "openness", were removed. Words, Wonk knew, are very powerful. It stood to reason deep state would take notice of his protection services, Wonk Enterprises was pretty much the gold standard. But, he knew he was going to have to walk a really fine line. Oh well, he thought, what's changed?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A piece of the action

When silence doesn't mean consent

Sorry for a millionaire from 1.7 deleted, maybe can reuse