A piece of the action

Guy asked, "Now that you are selling Curvaceous Coffee what will you do with the money? Wanna go on a cruise?"
Wonk looked up amused, "I'm working on Key Performance Indicators, (KPIs) for a Micro Hotel. Remember the place we stayed overnight to be ready for razor clamming in Pacific Beach."

"Yeah, sort of, Guy replied, the Nautical Inn or some such."

"Clipper Inn, Traveler suggested I buy it. He is even willing to front the money, for interest in return of course. I'll run it. In return, I get a share of the profits, if I can pay the loan back, I own the hotel in 7 years. 600k loan, 15% simple interest 7 year payback, (84 payments). The corporation has 1500 shares at a price based on a value of $650 each, ($972,556.44/84). If I can't buy them all back in that time, the value is recomputed for the 85th payment."
"Traveler gets 15% return on his money over 7 years, but you could end up with a hotel in Pacific Beach? Seems reasonable" remarked Guy, brushing his fingers through his hair.
"That's the base deal said Wonk. Since Traveler is taking the financial risk, he asked me to come up with a quality/performance system based on KPIs. This are the Micro Hotel Key Performance Indicators I've come up with so far:

Safety first, achieve and maintain to code
Filled room nights
Room price
Cost management
IRS happy accurate books
Social media rating
Social media hits w searches
Concierge Limo affiliate revenue
Hotel art gallery revenue
Bar revenue
Bar noise and nuisance
Cleanliness, Traveler will inspect, owner’s eyes"

"Sounds like a laundry list", replied Guy, but I guess it makes sense. Do you think you will be able to pass go and buy the hotel?"

Wonk laughed, "it all does sound a bit like Monopoly, but I am itching to try."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When silence doesn't mean consent

Prequel origin of the church of AI (2)